Dr. Ahmed Nishan
Joined: 13 July 2016
Dr. Ahmed Nishan is an experienced surgeon with extensive exposure in minimal access surgery. Since 2014 he has been the Executive Secretary of the Maldives Association of Surgeons (MAS) which is the foremost and leading surgical body of the kind in the country. Dr. Ahmed Nishan is a skilled laparoscopic surgeon, performing complex minimal access surgeries. He grabbed the first place during his laparoscopic surgery training. He aims at introducing a variety of keyhole surgeries to Maldives. He is the first Maldivian surgeon to perform in Maldives a single-incision laparoscopic surgery and also amongst the first to perform TEP inguinal hernia repairs. In addition, he is also trained in forensic medicine and often shares his expertise in this field with the government authorities.
At ADK Hospital, Dr. Ahmed Nishan is also in-charge of surgical services as the Chief Surgical Officer.
Areas of Clinical Expertise and Interest
1. Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
2. Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Procedures
3. Hernia Surgery
4. Bowel Surgery
5. Bariatric Surgery
6. Laparoscopic surgery in pregnancy
- Undergraduate: M.D. (distinction) Kursk State Medical University, Kursk, Russia
- Postgraduate: M.S. (General Surgery) Kursk State Medical University, Kursk, Russia
- Diploma in Minimal Access Surgery, World Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurgaon, India